Mango Tango Squares
Top of Form
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups mango purée (see note)
- 1/2 cup GNUBEES MANGO TANGO
- With rack in middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter and line a square 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over two sides.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients just until the dough comes together. Press gently into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the eggs. Stir in the mango purée and GNUBEEs MANGO TANGO. Pour onto the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is set. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the filling and refrigerate for 2 hours. Unmould and cut into squares.
For 1.5 cups of mango purée, process 3 cups of cubed fresh mango in a blender until smooth, then strain by pressing through a wire mesh strainer. (You can use any remaining pulp as a topping for squares, or ice cream or even tomorrow’s breakfast cereal.)